Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 4

I had a low grade fever last night, but seem to have slept it off as my temp was back to normal this morning. I also had a horrible allergy headache from all the pollen etc. being blown around in the heavy winds yesterday. I dream about being able to roll around in my sleep. I think I pinched a nerve in my shoulder last night, my left pinkie finger is still feeling a bit numb.

I had a friend who is a nurse come over last evening to supervise the changing of the bandages. It was easier then I expected. My incision is covered in suture tape and I am happy to report no drainage or signs of infection. Lori said it looked good. It is still very swollen around the knee cap. Melissa at Dr. Williams office had said I could cover it with big band-aids. I didn't have any so I used the dressing the hospital gave me at discharge.

I was very proud of myself this morning. I got up and had breakfast, took my pills, spent 2 1/2 hours on the CPM machine and then managed to scoop kitty litter, take the trash out to the shoot 40+ feet and 3 steps away and then go downstairs and check my mail. It was wonderful just to get out of the loft - even if the view was just the hall and the lobby.

It's funny, when I have the option I can spend the whole day in the loft without even thinking about it, but being limited I yearn to get outside and am getting a bit stir-crazy. I am trying to decide if it would be pushing too hard to put on shoes and go to the supermarket across the street in search of band-aids and something to spark my appetite. The real question is could I figure out how to get shoes on?