Monday, October 12, 2009

Crisis

I finished my Sudoku book! Okay, so it's not like a "my leg fell off" kind of crisis, but I am stuck in my bedroom with no tv for 5 hours a day on the CPM machine. What am I supposed to do read a book? Actually, with these meds I don't really have the concentration for a book, so the sudoku has been an ideal way to keep some brain function while I am working on my knee.

I am feeling better today. A combination of venting yesterday, getting more then four hours of sleep last night and talking to my friend ET (she of the $160,000 heart attack) who reminded me that progress is slow but it does get better. She is doing so much better she may go home this week.

I also made a discovery with my leg. I have friends coming over tonight, so I did 4 hours on the CPM machine in one stretch so I wouldn't have to strap in during their visit. The extra time seems to have loosened or unblocked whatever was causing the swelling in my leg. The swelling is almost totally gone and I can see my ankle bone.

It feels like more then a week should have passed since my surgery. It's been a busy week and the coming one brings even more. I see Dr. Williams for follow-up tomorrow and start PT on Thursday. At least there's a Barnes & Noble in the same building as the physical therapist, so I can pick up a new Sudoku book.