Thursday, March 15, 2012

PT Bad - Bad PT

So what are the signs I've pulled or torn something?

I had some pain during PT yesterday and Edward changed the exercise. I spent most of the afternoon with my foot elevated and periodically iced, but had pain every time I walked and some swelling when I went to bed. (I didn't have any swelling after PT on Monday.)

If it was generalized heel pain I wouldn't worry, but this has been sharp pain in one part of my outer heel / ankle. Even in bed last night it would twinge irregardless of if I was moving my ankle. This morning I wrapped it with the elastic bandage in a vain hope that the extra stability would help. It hasn't. Basically, with every step or so I get a sharp pain just to the left of my incision site about where my heel and ankle meet. Even sitting quietly here I have a throbbing with a periodic sharp twinge up the back of my heel.

I have emailed Marco and Dr. Hubbard in hopes of reassurances that this is normal stretching pain and not to worry. And trying hard not to think about it until I hear from one of them. What I really need to know is if I should cancel tomorrow's physical therapy and let my heel have some quiet time over the weekend. I definitely think photographing the parades this weekend is out.