Friday, March 9, 2012

Busy Friday

Two packed buses passed before one stopped to pick me up this morning making the 14 block, 20 minute walk or 10 minute bus ride, into a 30 minute commute. Fortunately I had budgeted extra time before my physical therapy appointment and was there on time.

Edward did my assessment. Having been my therapist in the attempts to prevent surgery he knew my heel. I was able to flex to 8 degrees (I believe Edward said zero is a full flex). I also did fairly well on the pointing. This appointment was more about seeing my post-surgical range of motion and what we needed to work on. I re-iterated the note on my prescription, that Dr. Hubbard is adamant that I do not walk or put any weight on the heel unless I am in my boot.

My first proper PT appointment is Monday with Carlos. We joked a bit about his needing to remember what the term "gentle" means before my session. So for the next two weeks I have PT three times a week and then we will have to re-evaluate for my insurance.

Spent the rest of the morning running from one meeting to another and then hanging out waiting to meet a friend for lunch. Now home and waiting for another appointment and then friends over for dinner. All while trying to convince my body not to give in to the cold germs that seem to be attacking.