Monday, March 5, 2012

Have I pushed too far?

I was supposed to spend the evening out. A consulate cocktail reception and then dinner with friends. This morning getting out of bed I was reminded of my pre-surgery life. A heel that hurt, even in the boot, when I tried to walk. I wound up shuffling around and setting myself up on the couch with my foot elevated for some couch and book time for most of the day as well as cancelling my evening plans.

Scared myself. I thought I was being good. I did walk a bit Saturday. This time I walked to the mall shopping and then took a bus home. I did some grocery shopping Sunday, but nothing major. I thought I was falling withing the parameters of being conservative. Yes, I was cane free all weekend, but both Dr. Hubbard and Marco had told me it was okay.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid end everything is fine. Worst case it is sore from being idle for six weeks. But I have to say I am very glad I have a follow-up appointment this week!