Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bondage Boot and a Cocktail Dress

It is surprisingly difficult to find a cocktail dress that will go well with the bondage boot (not to mention shoes). I finally decided on three options that had skirts with enough length and flair to work getting in and out of cars and up and down from my seat without flashing too much leg. Two could be paired with black tights - in the vain hope of having the bondage boot recede from view a bit. I was happily dresses in my Calvin Klein dress and jacket when I walked into a brighter room and discovered that my blazer was a dark navy, so that meant changing into my third option and a cardigan and finally heading out for a nice, but very long evening.

I left my apartment at 5:30 pm, we got to the catering hall at 7:00 pm, dinner was served after 10:00 pm, we left about an hour later, and I walked back in my door at midnight. I did a bit of standing and table hopping during the evening, so was surprised at how little my foot protested when I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning. 

My foot may not have protested, but two hours after I got up the rest of me is ready for a nap! The only items on my agenda are doing a little housekeeping and laundry.

In getting ready for my evening out I did come to realize I am getting very tired of the fear of my shower. In the past month I have yet to take a shower where I don't have a threatened fall as I, or my crutches, slip on wet tile. While walking in the boot is getting easier and I am having to rely on putting less weight on the cane to get around, out of the boot I am still very fearful of trusting my foot. I suspect a large part of that is the neuropathy. If I can't fully feel my foot how can I trust it to hold me. The other is simply a continued need to baby and protect my foot and not do anything that might damage it and make all this work for naught.

I did run into a photographer acquaintance last night who reminded me how ready I am to sling my cameras over my shoulders and go for a long walk. It's surprising the prospective you can get on life by looking through a viewfinder.