Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Matt is Mean ... but he's doing it for my own good

Matt is not maliciously mean, it's just that PT with him is hard! Today he had me doing Plank push-ups - making me an absolute liar in even thinking my core was strong. I was very sorry I didn't take a pain pill before I went to PT.

I don't know what all I did Friday, but both my knees were incredibly sore on Saturday, and even today I am alternating icing them (the Game Ready went back this weekend).

Matt also wanted to extend my PT to twice a week for the next 3 weeks, as opposed to three times a week for the next 2 weeks. (My insurance has set a use by date of February 4th). The insurance coordinator at my PT center said no, but when I got home and called my insurance they said it would be possible if the PT center submits a letter (Either my insurance has a bunch of Johanna's in their call center or I got the same woman from last week). In the meantime, I am keeping my three a week schedule until I have a better answer.

It's the nonsense like this that gets to me. If my insurance has agreed to pay for ten sessions, what the heck does it matter if I use them twice a week or three times a week. Especially, if my therapist is saying that he wants to spread them out so I am good and ready for my next photo trip. I was told, in passing today, that my insurance originally denied any more sessions, something I probably should have been told. I guess the letter from Dr. Williams helped change their minds.

Perhaps members of the legislature should have to price out and pay for their own health insurance and then they would get their butts in gear and finalize a decent health care plan! (Of course, a large percentage of them would simply go on Medicare.)