Monday, December 28, 2009

Older, Wiser . . . and Calmer

Dina pushed me fairly hard in physical therapy this morning, but at least I was able to do it. The swelling is still there and Dina says it may take another 2 to 3 weeks for it to subside. I have lost mobility, before the manipulation I was bending to 95 degrees on the wall and 93 degrees on the table, now I am at 83 degrees on the wall and 75 degrees on the table (practically hyperventilating and making pained noises to get there).

Melissa called while I was in PT and said that they couldn't have predicted my knee's reaction and that I seem to be having some of the worst reactions to the surgery. (Something to be proud of?)

Right now, I'm just working on letting it go. That's my birthday wish - to let go of the negativity. In the grand scheme of things, this is just a few miles on the road of life, much better stretches in front of me and I need to focus on that!