Saturday, December 26, 2009

72 Hours Later Still Cranky

I was finally starting to walk like a normal person again. Yes, stairs were still beyond me, but I was often walking the 14 1/2 blocks to and from Physical Therapy. At worst, I would have to periodically pop a Tylenol for the pain.

Today, it still barely bends when I am trying to walk and is now the size of a slightly deflated soccer ball. My thigh muscle hurts and sitting at the computer I still can't get my leg to bend beyond 15 degrees. On the CPM I can get my knee to an uncomfortable 90 degrees.

I just remain stuck on the fact that it would have taken less then 5 minutes to explain that there was a very good possibility that my knee would react like this. Dr. Williams may be a great surgeon, but what does that matter if patients' are left without all the information - don't assume we know what questions to ask (though from now on I will definitely have to start with what is the worst that could happen?). And it would also be helpful if staff would listen to me when I question doing this during the holidays!

If I knew then, what I know now!