Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A+

I got an A+ from Dr. Williams today. I may feel like I am not moving at a fast enough pace, but he is very happy with my progress. He would like me to continue with PT to get my knee to 130 to 140 degrees, but I suspect not even a strongly worded letter from him and Matt will be enough to convince my insurance to open their purse strings!

Dr. Williams gave Matt high marks for pushing me. He was impressed by my leg presses, balance board catch and yoga ball bridges. And I don't have to see him again for three months.

The only set back came when Dr. W. said we may want to revisit doing my right knee this summer when the screws come out of the left knee. Once fully healed my left knee will have no activity restrictions on it, but my right knee will still have the fragility limitations. Yes, I definitely want two good knees, but can I and my bank account handle another year like this? (If anyone knows the Powerball numbers for tomorrow that would be helpful!)

I also pitched my new book idea - knee scars the coffee table book. Dr. Williams will write the forward and help identify good scars, if I can get a publisher. Any suggestions?

For now I am off to bake cookies for Matt and the rest of the PT gang. I hope tomorrow isn't my graduation, but I'm realistic.