Thursday, April 4, 2013

24 Degrees

Did my first exercise on a Power Plate vibrating platform. Not a fan! Had to keep my chin rolled down to my chest or the vibrations were overwhelming to my head. But after doing three sets of thirty second stretches on it, Bob was able to measure my dorsiflexion (how far I can bend my ankle towards my toes) at 24 degrees. Since before my surgery I couldn't get my ankle to neutral (zero degrees) this is a great improvement. Now if I can get my walking gait better.

Still having pain through the inside of my ankle and Bob found a muscle knot in my calf today that almost got him kicked when he tried to massage it. Still not good at standing on my toes, but found going up on my toes on the leg press noticeably easier today.

After PT it was off, through the building maze, to see Dr. Ellis. He seemed very pleased with my progress and thought I would be a new person by the time I see him again in six weeks. He said Dr. Shetty had called to talk to him about my neuropathy and I told him about my EMG later this month. He gave me a new PT prescription and I gave him triple chocolate, double toffee cookies - seemed like a fair trade.