Tuesday, November 3, 2009

4 weeks post surgery

It's been a long day, the highlight being that I got the thumbs up from my surgeon.

He likes my progress and even unlocked my brace so it bends (a bit). He said the x-ray looked good. Done with the brace at home and need it for another month when I am out and about. CPM machine stays for another couple weeks. The big part is that he said he doesn't think I need surgery on my other knee - YEAH! I have to baby the knee until the screws come out. I can start showering without plastic wrap and can even start swimming again. And I don't see Dr. Williams again until 2010.

For now it is all up to Dina and physical therapy. I did learn something interesting in PT this morning. The CPM machine really does make a difference. Today was the first PT session I had without having a CPM session earlier. Even Dina commented that my knee was much stiffer.

I feel positive - I was sure I was lagging in my recovery, this made me fell much better about the whole thing. I forgot to ask when I can Tango.